OIL CLEANSER REVIEW | DHC, ETUDE, BANILA CO

By Sharleen Lee - 7:02 PM

Hello again guys, here I go again with another review post. I'm sorry for not being able to post very regularly. I just got a new job and I've been sick lately (just an excuse... >,<) It's true though. It's been interesting these past weeks. 

Before I start, I would like to wish you a very happy new year 2016. May 2016 be better and wonderful for all of you.. 

So, back to our main concern here. I've been using oil cleanser in this year, and I've been liking it. Before, I used water based cleanser to remove my make up (read: Bioderma). It did good for removing main / basic makeup, however it didn't really works on eye areas. My mascara especially was still there, and I don't like to use that many step for removing my make up and clean my face. So, with this oil cleanser, I just stick with double cleanse and it's clean.

Today I would like to review these three cleansing oil that I've tried which is DHC Cleansing Oil, Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil Moisture, and Banila Co Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm. So, let me introduce one by one.


DHC Cleansing Oil

So, this cleansing oil is great. The first cleansing oil that I use. As you can see, I almost use it up. Haha. At first, I didn't know how to use it, hahahaha.. it really feels like putting oil in your face. The smell is natural, smells like olive oil (they claimed to have those ingredients as the main content). After you rub it in your face, you clean it with water and it became somewhat milky in color.

As you can see, this product cleanse pretty well. I would say most of my make up goes off immediately. The color of this DHC cleansing oil really reminds me of olive oil. haha. Oh yeah, btw what I put in my hand was lipstick (matte me birthday suit and revlon lip crayon), mascara (dolly wink volumizing), and eyeliner (maybelline hyper sharp wing).
I really enjoy this products, but it a lil bit pricy compared to the other two products (around Rp280k-300k for 200 ml) could be higher and cheaper though.  

Here is the ingredients of DHC Cleansing oil:
Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil


Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil (Moisture)


My first thought on this product would be "OH MY, the fragrance quite strong". To be honest, I don't really like products that are heavily fragrance. I know most of korean products have fragrance in it, but I didn't expect it to be that strong. I realized that Innisfree also have quite a strong fragrance in their products. And that what turns me off actually. I used Japanese products most of the time, and those didn't provide such a heavy smell. 
So yeah, this is quite good as a cleansing oil though. Let's see the pics below.

Etude cleansing oil has a transparent color, they claimed to have coconut oil inside it. So, yeah the color is different with DHC one. This cleansing oil also works wonder. The price is still okay (around Rp. 180k for 185 ml). As you can see, all those make up also melted immediately. 

Ingredients:
PEG-20 GLYCERYL TRIISOSTEARATE, TRIETHYLHEXANOIN, CETYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAETHYLHEXANOATE, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, ISOSTEARIC ACID, ORBIGNYA OLEIFERA SEED OIL, ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL, FRAGRANCE


Banila Co Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm


To be completely honest, I bought this products cause I really wants to try what a cleansing balm is. I really like trying new things. hahahaha.. Also, I here great review about this products everywhere (read: also Soko Glam). So, I thought why not? And another motive is that I think this product would be good when you travels too, cause they are in solid form, so no leaks or whatsoever. While the other two are quite bulky. It came with spatula, to scoop the products, so it's sanitary. The packaging was surprisingly light. I assumed that it made from glass, but I guess it wasn't. 

INGREDIENTS:
Mineral Oil, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, PEG-10 Isostearate, Polyethylene, Butylene Glycol, Water, Rubus Suavissimus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis Lead Extract, Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Leaf Extract, Angelica Polymorpha Sinesnsis Root Extract, Papaya Fruit Extract, Acerora Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, BHT, Butylparaben, Acid Red 18, CI 15985, Spice

You can see the picture above that it cleansed pretty well too. And for more information, I only used tissue and didn't used any water for removing the stains. I might day that the three of them cleansed my make up pretty well. So here is the summary of today's review.

SUMMARY

1. DHC CLEANSING OIL

    Price :  3/5
    Quality : 4.5/5
    Smells : 4.5/5
    Overall : 4

2. ETUDE HOUSE REAL ART CLEANSING OIL (MOISTURE)
    
    Price : 4.5/5
    Quality : 4.5/5
    Smells : 3/5
    Overall : 4

3. BANILA CO CLEAN IT ZERO

    Price : 4/5
    Quality : 4.5/5
    Smells : 4
    Overall : 4.3

I would say that all of this products are quite good. It depends on what you are searching for. If you don't like fragrance that much, opt for DHC. If you concerns about the price then choose ETUDE, but if you are more into balm or you prefer something that are more convenient, then choose BANILA CO. In my eyes they are all pretty much the same quality. It removes make up just as good. But I personally might repurchase either DHC / BANILA CO! HAHA. But perhaps you would take a good look on ingredients if you are more into natural make up tho. Good luck!

Much love,

X.o.x.o


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments