MY JUNE EXPERIENCES | THEROSYCLOUD

By Sharleen Lee - 8:44 AM

In a blink of an eye and it's already the end of JUNE guys. It feels like it was still March and here we are now. Time did not really compensate isn't it? That's why I thought too. I just celebrated my 24th birthday couple days ago and yes, life isn't waiting for you either you're ready or not.

Unfortunately, we need to be ready despite any situation. This month, I have been thinking a lot about my well being, my life, my future, and myriad of other things. It sounds like I was having identity crisis or whatever you call that. I read that many people actually has this "quarter life crisis" during their 20s. Wait, what is quarter life crisis to be exact? 

The quarterlife crisis is a period of life ranging from twenties to thirties, in which a person begins to feel doubtful about their own lives, brought on by the stress of becoming an adult.

So, because of one and many reasons, I decided to try new things that I haven't done before this month and I want to share some of my experiences with you.

1. Yoga

Yoga Cartoon | Tags: cartoon illustration , Yoga:

So, I've always been interested on Yoga. However, the truth scares me. Let me tell you, actually there's like millions (well, maybe not millions :p) of reasons for me not to try it. I'M NOT ATHLETIC (I'm sucks at all sports), and MY BODY IS NOT FLEXIBLE. I was pretty stiff, and I got bored easily. In addition, Yoga isn't cheap too (I don't even want to spend my money on gym, so why Yoga?). So, it doesn't sounds like me at all, right?

Anyway, that I've decided to try it no matter what, my friend introduced me into this Yoga Studio in my area. The place has 4 floors, 3 studio (1 for aerial yoga, 1 indoor studio, and 1 for private prenatal yoga), 2 bathrooms, and relax area. 

They have many classes range from beginner's class to advance's class. If you are interested, I will give a full review of this YOGA STUDIO in a separate blogpost.

NAMAZTEA YOGA STUDIO
Jl. Pluit Putri Raya 3 #2B
+62 812 96667733 (WA)
https://www.facebook.com/namazteayogastudio/
https://www.instagram.com/namaztea/

2. GRATITUDE JOURNAL

-:

So, I'm so into mindfulness, happiness, and peace these days, so I thought it was a good idea, if I could start to write a gratitude journal. I've researched it before, so it claimed that it helps to train your unconscious mind to think more positively if you do it at night. So I've been doing this in the past weeks and I hope that it could help me to become a better person (and it's fun to search for some cute notebooks too) :))

3. MEDITATION 

Meditation. Yoga funny Cartoon By Gemma Correll:

So, I've tried doing this lately, however I'm not fully committed yet (I'm trying my best though). Honestly, I could say that I was the type of person that have a very busy mind, and sitting still in "asana" pose was not easy. I always thought that doing meditation is to practice your mind to think about nothing (basically having a blank mind like no thoughts at all). However, it is NOT! Your mind will still think about something eventually, but how you manage it that's called meditation. You watch your thoughts come and go, and you practice how you actually come back to your senses. There are a lot of types that we can try, such as: mindful breathing, mindful walking, and even eating. 

I recommend you guys to try these apps if you wanna try meditation:

Headspace
Calm
Stop, Breathe, and Think: Meditation


So there's a few of my new experiences. I hope that this could help you to try some new things in your life too. Sometimes life could be overwhelming, it moves so fast, but it's important to stop for a while and enjoy the view. Stay positive :)



X.O.X.O
Sharleen Lee

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments